Re: [AD] al_set_win_dll_path

On Mon, 2011-07-25 at 16:33 -0500, Matthew Leverton wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 4:20 PM, Elias Pschernig
> <elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Attached is a patch which adds that function. It allows putting DLLs
> > into a sub-folder instead of having to place them near the .exe.
>
> Isn't this something that could be done with a manifest file? If there
> were an Allegro assembly (Allegro.VC80), then it could sit in a sub
> folder of that name. And with side-by-side info, multiple versions
> could happily live together installed in the system folder.
>
> I've never tried it on personal libraries, but it works just fine with
> the C runtime.

Well, the problem really is that Allegro right now hardcodes the DLL
path to be in the same folder as the .exe. In my case that's the
system-wide python.exe so its location has nothing at all to do with
where my game has libvorbis.dll.

I have no idea at all what a manifest or assembly is though, so maybe
that can help?

--
Elias Pschernig <elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx>