Re: [AD] Google results

On 8 Jul 2011, at 7:46 , Elias Pschernig wrote:
> We probably lost access to that either when gradha stepped down as
> webmaster or when we changed to the new website - at some point he
> stopped running his mirror script and nobody else ever had the password.
>
> If you want you can mail Shawn Hargreaves and ask for the FTP password
> and take over running a cronjob to do a daily sync.

Wouldn't it be better to redirect?

> Myself I would all be for making liballeg.org the (only) official
> address. I know all those arguments about old links and google results
> and whatever but I don't care - both the sf.net and demon.co.uk urls are
> not proper web addresses to me.

Not sure what you mean by proper web address, but I do think it would be good to have one website, and have all the other aliases redirect there (rather than mirror the primary page). The address we advertise probably should be the simplest one (which I guess is the liballeg.org one).

Evert