Re: [AD] Google results

On Thu, 2011-07-07 at 22:04 -0300, David Capello wrote:
> Hi people, just to warning you, the first result on Google if you
> search for "allegro library" is:
>

> http://www.talula.demon.co.uk/allegro/
>

> Which is an old mirror of the official web site. That should be
> fixed urgently.

We probably lost access to that either when gradha stepped down as
webmaster or when we changed to the new website - at some point he
stopped running his mirror script and nobody else ever had the password.

If you want you can mail Shawn Hargreaves and ask for the FTP password
and take over running a cronjob to do a daily sync.

Myself I would all be for making liballeg.org the (only) official
address. I know all those arguments about old links and google results
and whatever but I don't care - both the sf.net and demon.co.uk urls are
not proper web addresses to me.

--
Elias Pschernig <elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx>