Re: [AD] al_convert_bitmap

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 2:16 PM, Matthew Leverton <meffer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> then convert them to memory (as currently is happening) and add them
> to the list of bitmaps to be converted. ALL video bitmaps that are
> converted to memory would be added to that list... regardless of how
> they were initially created.

Sorry... one last thought.

I guess you wouldn't have to add bitmaps created with VIDEO_BITMAP to
that list when they are downgraded to memory at time of display
destruction. If somebody wants that behavior, they could instead
create the bitmap with ALLEGRO_ANY_BITMAP.

Thus, if you never used ANY_BITMAP, you'd never get any auto
conversion regardless of what the display option was set to. I think
that would sufficiently satisfy anybody who has issues about the auto
conversion process.

--
Matthew Leverton