Re: [AD] al_convert_bitmap

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Elias Pschernig
<elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I also left in al_convert_all_video_bitmaps for now. Can maybe remove it
> now or at least rename.

I would leave it in and make a display option to disable the auto
conversion behavior. That should prevent any complaints. I would use
an option as opposed to a flag because a) negative flags are
confusing, b) it gives the ability to offer different conversions
methods in the future (although I cannot think of any other useful
scenarios...), and c) it's rather obscure and probably not worth
taking up a bitmask.

The function could be named something like al_upload_bitmap_textures().

Anyway, I've attached a test program. (apologies for it being an abuse
of copy/paste)

It fails one test based on my expectations:

1) create display
2) b = create video bitmap
3) destroy display
4) b == memory (okay so far)
5) create display
6) b == memory (expect video...)

I would expect it to be a video bitmap in step 6, but it's still stuck
as a memory bitmap. (Alternatively, it could be automatically
destroyed and unusable in step 4. But I think that's unnecessarily
strict.)

In other words, I would add successfully created video bitmaps to the
list of bitmaps to try to convert.

So to me, the check_to_be_converted_list_add(bitmap) should always be
called in _al_convert_to_memory_bitmap() (assuming that latter
function is only called when a display is destroyed).

--
Matthew Leverton