Re: [AD] al_convert_bitmap

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 2:16 PM, Matthew Leverton <meffer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Peter Wang <novalazy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> If nobody wants it, let's not add it ;)
>>
> There are valid reasons for all of this. To me, the question is
> simply: what should the default behavior be?

I forgot to say: this isn't about making it easier for somebody who
doesn't understand what's going on. (Although, if auto conversion were
default behavior, it would be easier for them.)

So I have no problems if auto conversion (the display option) is
disabled by default. However ANY_BITMAP should be the default bitmap
flag if neither VIDEO or MEMORY are present. That way, all you have to
do is call al_convert_bitmaps() after creating the display. If you
never call that function, then the default behavior would be the same
as 5.0.

--
Matthew Leverton