Re: [AD] More X Mode Setting

On 2011-01-15, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On January 14, 2011, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> > On January 14, 2011, Peter Wang wrote:
> > >
> > > What's the reason for tracking which monitor a window is on?
> > > Sorry if it's obvious.
> >
> > The main reason is that its used to track which monitors are in use, so we
> > can black list multi-displays in x multi-head mode even with true xinerama
> > enabled (glx seems to have issues with it, at least it was causing hangs,
> > I'll have to test again to make absolute sure it wasn't locking issues,
> > but I'm pretty sure it wasn't).

If I've understood right (correct me where I've missed something):
the reason we're unable to lazy init the mmon code is so that we'll have
enough information to prevent opening windows on multiple adapters when
using traditional(?) multi-head (ScreenCount > 1) or
Xinerama (ScreenCount == 1).  And the blacklisting is not required if
using RandR.

If that's right, we should be able to query _only_ which extensions are
in effect, _without_ getting detailed information about monitors and
screen modes, and decide if the blacklisting code is required.  That
would be pretty lazy for the common cases (single adapter, or using
randr).

Peter