Re: [AD] OS X keyboard

On 17 Jan 2011, at 7:41 , Peter Hull wrote:
> The question on SO didn't exactly yield a flood of answers. I agree
> with the guy who did respond, AFAICS the only way to get all OS X's
> language input functionality would be to have a hidden text field and
> pass the keypresses into that.

I hope that's less messy than it actually sounds...?

> Heh.

Bear in mind, I'm very rarely in a situation where I want characters with accents or other funny symbols, and if I do, it's not a big hassle to me if I need to substitute a plain ANSI character instead. So take my opinion with your preferred quantity of sodium chloride. ;)

> I can post a patch or are you back on the case now Evert?

Go ahead.
I'm testing things every now and then, but not on a regular basis. Things will hopefully settle down in a couple of weeks (so I can actually checkout 5.1 and use it), but we'll see.

Evert