Re: [AD] load allegro5.cfg from exe dir

On 7 Jan 2011, at 12:42 , Peter Hull wrote:
>>> As an OS X newb, I'd expect that I could just create a file called
>>> allegro5.cfg right next to the app icon and that would override a) my
>>> global allegro5.cfg in ~/Library and b) the program's default
>>> (bundled) allegro5.cfg file.
>>
>> Probably.
> Oh, no. Definitely not!

I wouldn't, but if you've never used OS X before, I can see that you might.
On the other hand, even if that's true (debatable, I agree) having that behaviour would give the wrong impression.

There certainly is something to be said for the idea that Allegro on OS X should work in a way that makes sense for OS X users, not necessarily for Linux or Windows users (repeat that sentence two more times with other permutations of the three operating systems).

Leaves open the question of where Allegro should look for a default configuration file on OS X though.

Evert