Re: [AD] load allegro5.cfg from exe dir

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 8:55 AM, Evert Glebbeek <eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Actually, as a user, you're probably not meant to much around with stuff inside the bundle at all. Note that putting it in the directory containing the bundle is probably also not particularly good behaviour (it probably ought to be somewhere in ~/Library or /Users/Shared/Library instead). Better than nothing though, and it'll do for now, until we can think of something better.

Well, that's why I was asking about its purpose. I know there's some
sort of priority that happens. Say a programmer wants to package a
config file with his program to adjust some Allegro setting (assuming
that even makes sense). Then a user wants to override that setting
only for that program. What makes the most sense from an OS X
standpoint?

As an OS X newb, I'd expect that I could just create a file called
allegro5.cfg right next to the app icon and that would override a) my
global allegro5.cfg in ~/Library and b) the program's default
(bundled) allegro5.cfg file.

For Windows and Linux it's simple... the config file is right there in
plain sight, and it's easy to make a change.

--
Matthew Leverton