Re: [AD] Use GetMessage instead of PeekMessage (Win32)

Thanks David, I applied the patch.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Trent Gamblin" <trent@xxxxxxxxxx> To: "Coordination of admins/developers of the game programming library Allegro" <alleg-developers@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 6:07 PM
Subject: Re: [AD] Use GetMessage instead of PeekMessage (Win32)

On 2010-08-25, at 6:00 PM, David Capello wrote:
Well, I don't have too much D3D knowledge, but looking at
the code, the d3d_generic_window_message_loop() thread
is the message pump of the window messages, and
d3d_display_thread_proc() is the other thread checking
if the device was lost. In this last function is were al_rest(0.001)
is required to check the device status periodically.

I think that we would need to use PeekMessage if we had
only one thread: message pump + device regeneration in
the same thread. But this is not our case, we have two
threads doing different task each one. IMO.

Oh, I see. You're right. I forgot I separated them... I'll test
your patch a little now, though it looks fine.