Re: [AD] 4.9.21

On 13 Jul 2010, at 6:35 , Elias Pschernig wrote:
> What I think should go is all the rotated/scaled versions though. They were added before we had the transformations API but are a bit weird now. Especially with the separate vtable entries. al_draw_rotated_bitmap should simply call al_draw_bitmap and set up a rotation matrix before. Having two implementations doing exactly the same always is a bad idea - it means we have to maintain both versions and it confuses users because they don't know why there are two different ways to draw a rotated bitmap.

I disagree. It's easier to call al_draw_rotated_bitmap() than to do the transformation manually before calling the function - and the point of using Allegro is making things easier for users.
Agreed on the vtable entries though, unless we can think of a situation where we do need separate functions (I can't really).

Evert