Re: [AD] About colors

On Mon, June 14, 2010 9:17 am, Evert Glebbeek said:
> I don't have a particularly strong urge either way, but I do think al_color_from_rgb() is a
> slightly nicer name and would fit in a bit nicer with al_color_from_name() (if it were called
> that). If there's a majority who wants to change it, then I think we probably should.
> On the other hand, if this is the only thing that we have to worry about before we call it 5.0,
> then I guess we're pretty much done. It's not a "has to be done before 5.0 can be released" type
> of thing, just a "if we want to do this, we should do it now" type of thing.

I think there are still some issues we have to resolve before calling it 5.0. This is one of them
IMO, but I think it should go to vote. Another thing is what to do about pixel centers. For a
2d library it makes sense that a rectangle from 0,0 to 5,5 would do the same as in allegro 4,
whether it's outlined or not. There are apparently some other issues with this to do with
transformations though. There is the blend color issue which I think Elias is working on (though
not sure we came to agreement on that... so I guess Elias should decide himself). I'm sure
I had a couple other issues in the back of my mind, but I can't remember right now. I'll
start making a list and put things on the tracker... I really think we need to get function
names right though.

Trent :n)