Re: [AD] About colors

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 8:46 AM, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I would prefer it to be as much like a4's primitives as possible. A5's 2d
mode is supposed to be a emulation of the same coordinate space, and have
the same behaviors afaik.

If Allegro 5's 2d isn't supposed to be simpler and easier to grasp, then
what is the point?

We allow multi-sampling, transformations and fractional coordinates - so there is no longer the concept of an underlying pixel grid. It can't really be compared to the A4 API. What if I use a transformation so my whole screen is in the rectangle from 0,0 to 1,1 - the only thing I could do with the A4 API is fill the whole screen with a single color :P