[AD] [ alleg-Bugs-2981648 ] 4.9.19 BadDrawable when allegro5.cfg:config_selection=new

Bugs item #2981648, was opened at 2010-04-03 22:00
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by elias
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=105665&aid=2981648&group_id=5665

not just the latest update.
Category: Linux
Group: 4.9

Initial Comment:
I get the following error from ALL allegro_examples unless I set config_selection=old in allegro5.cfg.
gdb steppings are included (old.log and new.log) respectively.

Thanx to elias for finding a workaround.
Phelius.

$ ./ex_blit
failed to create drawable
X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  55 (X_CreateGC)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x2600002
  Serial number of failed request:  28

Date: 2010-04-04 22:34

Message:
Milan and me were trying to find the reason for hours but couldn't.
Comparing to some GLX example code it doesn't seem like anything is
obviously wrong. So following advice from Milan and Chris Robinson I undid
the commit again so we have a chance to fix the actual problem before the
final A5 release.

Comment By: Elias Pschernig (elias)
Date: 2010-04-03 22:07

Message:
Thanks! I'll go through the gdb log and see if I can figure something out.