Re: [AD] support for mod files

On 2010-04-04, Matthew Leverton <meffer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 7:09 AM, Peter Wang <novalazy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > As I've mentioned before, I'm unsure as DUMB is unmaintained.
> >
> I suppose you could instead call it "complete." DUMB is not dependent
> on any particular OS features, so it's not likely to spontaneously
> break.
>
> > Since you'd need to install DUMB anyway, perhaps the addon belongs in
> > the DUMB package, as was the case for Allegro 4.
> >
> The same could be said for any add-on that is dependent on a library.

I still think of DUMB as an Allegro addon but maybe that's just me.

> Does the build system even support drop-in add-ons? When adding this
> to the build system, I had to modify addons/CMakeLists.txt among
> others.
>
> The case of what belongs as an official add-on or not is less
> important if there's a universal, natural way to add your own.
> (Regardless, I would still argue that any minimalistic audio codec
> should be supported by the acodec add-on.)

CMake can optionally include further files, e.g.
include(${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/local_examples.cmake OPTIONAL)

Though, it's probably overkill.  We might as well include it.
But only because it's DUMB (and, paradoxically, because the addon
theoretically could switch to something else).

I suggest _modmusic, _modaudio or _modfile.

Peter