Re: [AD] SF.net SVN: alleg:[13184] allegro/branches/4.9

On April 3, 2010, Peter Wang wrote:
> On 2010-04-03, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On April 3, 2010, Peter Wang wrote:
> > > Milan's description sounded like the window is indeed frameless, and
> > > positioned somewhere (I assumed at 0,0 but Milan will have to
> > > confirm) but the *viewport* is not initially at 0,0.
> >
> > As far as I know, that isn't possible. I mean I could tell XRandR to
> > move the display's absolute positions, but that would likely mess
> > things up, and since the window is created at the display's own
> > origin, it CAN'T be wrong. Or somehow the driver is moving the origin
> > when a mode is set, which makes no sense.
>
> Another data point:
>
> nvidia-driver-180.51
> xorg-server 1.6.3
>
> * ex_fs_resize set the screen mode correctly both times, but the panel
>   (taskbar) at the top of the screen remains visible, with the Allegro
>   window just underneath.  The mouse cursor is trapped in the Allego
>   window.  If I alt-tab away I can't regain focus in the Allegro window.
>   The window manager is IceWM.

Yeah, I haven't figured out how to fully force an ALWAYS ON TOP flag. I
tried with the set_above method, but it doesn't seem to work.

have to look into the alt tabbing though.. technically it grabbed the mouse,
so it really shouldn't have alt-tab'ed away, no place for the mouse to go.

Could try just skipping the GrabMouse and see what that does. Theres no
virtual res scrolling with these mode sets afaik, so grabbing the mouse may
not be needed, unless you want to make sure the mouse can't move to a
another monitor just by moving it.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx