Re: [AD] SF.net SVN: alleg:[13184] allegro/branches/4.9

On April 3, 2010, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> On April 3, 2010, Peter Wang wrote:
> > >
> > > As far as I know, that isn't possible. I mean I could tell XRandR to
> > > move the display's absolute positions, but that would likely mess
> > > things up, and since the window is created at the display's own
> > > origin, it CAN'T be wrong. Or somehow the driver is moving the origin
> > > when a mode is set, which makes no sense.
> >
> > Another data point:
> >
> > nvidia-driver-180.51
> > xorg-server 1.6.3
> >
> > * ex_fs_resize set the screen mode correctly both times, but the panel
> >
> >   (taskbar) at the top of the screen remains visible, with the Allegro
> >   window just underneath.  The mouse cursor is trapped in the Allego
> >   window.  If I alt-tab away I can't regain focus in the Allegro
> >   window. The window manager is IceWM.
>
> Yeah, I haven't figured out how to fully force an ALWAYS ON TOP flag. I
> tried with the set_above method, but it doesn't seem to work.

I think I've fixed that problem. I've moved the set_above call to happen
after the window is mapped. It seems to fix it on my desktop.

> have to look into the alt tabbing though.. technically it grabbed the
> mouse, so it really shouldn't have alt-tab'ed away, no place for the
> mouse to go.

The second mode set on my system still doesn't change the allegro display
size, and I don't know why. Also your changes to the example make it
impossible for me to alt tab away (alt causes it jump past the wait_keys
function), so I'll have to hack that up some more.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx