Re: [AD] SF.net SVN: alleg:[13184] allegro/branches/4.9

On April 3, 2010, Peter Wang wrote:
> On 2010-04-03, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > I think we need the stuff in _al_xsys_xfvm_fullscreen_to_display,
> > > i.e. XF86VidModeSetViewPort.
> >
> > Nope. That does something completely different. And isn't required at
> > all for XRandR, which is what everyone is getting right now. And
> > infact trying to use Xf86vm with xrandr would probably make a mess of
> > things.
>
> Ok.
>
> > the logic in xdpy_create_display to make the window frame less, and set
> > its position to the monitor's absolute position should work fine. And
> > does on my systems.
>
> Milan's description sounded like the window is indeed frameless, and
> positioned somewhere (I assumed at 0,0 but Milan will have to confirm)
> but the *viewport* is not initially at 0,0.

As far as I know, that isn't possible. I mean I could tell XRandR to move
the display's absolute positions, but that would likely mess things up, and
since the window is created at the display's own origin, it CAN'T be wrong.
Or somehow the driver is moving the origin when a mode is set, which makes
no sense.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx