Re: [AD] native image loaders

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 1:51 AM, Peter Wang <novalazy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2010-04-09, Matthew Leverton <meffer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hopefully the problem on Vista can be solved.  I notice that the
> problems seem to only concern BMP files.  There is no reason we can't
> still use our native BMP routines.

The BMP problems I'm not worried about. But the "solution" I found for
PNG on Vista didn't work when using VS 2010. I've posted about it on
Stack Overflow, but I don't expect much help from that unless somebody
really feels like debugging the specific problem in detail.

One evil work around would be to check if the current file handler is
the standard one, and then I could bypass streams altogether for PNG
files (since the non-stream version works fine). But PNG files opened
via al_load_bitmap_f() or custom file handlers would still fail on
Vista.

--
Matthew Leverton