Re: [AD] Issues with iPhone native image loader

On Tue, 2010-04-13 at 11:50 -0600, Trent Gamblin wrote:
> I ran into a couple of minor issues with the native image loader on
> iPhone today, so I thought I'd share, even though I have on a possibly
> bad solution to one of them, and no solution (well, I didn't look for one)
> for the other.
>
> First, it seems that the loader cannot load paletted 8 bit png files. I have
> an example that does not load if anyone wants to try it. This I did not
> investigate, but it might be nice to support indexed images.

Hm, in our game we use 8-bit png files and they load fine (we do have
checked the "optimize png files" option in xcode though). Does it work
for you if you enable that? And do you have an example .png which loads
wrong with Apple's png loader but right with libpng?

--
Elias Pschernig <elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx>