Re: [AD] GDI+ image routines

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Matthew Leverton <meffer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Attached are implementations of al_(load/save)_gdiplus_bitmap(_f)
> functions that could be used to handle PNG, JPEG, GIF, TIFF, and BMP
> files. (BMP is probably best handled by Allegro natively.)

I've committed the implementation. The changes affect every platform's
build process. Tested under MSVC, MinGW and Linux.

WANT_NATIVE_APPLE_IMAGE_LOADER is now WANT_NATIVE_IMAGE_LOADER, with
the same meaning and usage.

Technically, WANT_PNG and WANT_JPG mean (or should mean) that you want
PNG and JPEG support. However, in practice it really means you want to
use libpng and libjpeg. This is because WANT_NATIVE_IMAGE_LOADER will
always load PNG and JPEG files via GDI+ (if present) regardless of
WANT_PNG or WANT_JPG. It seemed silly to enable GDI+ but then disable
the PNG and JPEG loaders if they were explicitly turned off.

ALLEGRO_CFG_IIO_HAVE_GDIPLUS/JPG/PNG mean you have those libraries
(gdi+, libjpeg, libpng) AND they are actively being used, while
ALLEGRO_CFG_IIO_SUPPORT_JPG/PNG means that the image *format* is
available. The SUPPORT_* flags ended up being superfluous in regard to
building Allegro since the other flags are sufficient for determining
which libraries and functions to use.

--
Matthew Leverton