Re: [AD] windowing

Elias Pschernig wrote:

No. At least in X11 it's a separate X11 flag which has nothing to do with all the various (broken) video-mode-changing extensions. It would be an excellent test program though to try and emulate it with the other API - I bet it will show a lot of problems, like task-bars on windows or menu-bars on OSX (and probably both on X11) :P Which just confirms the answer of no.

No. On Windows it's really done just by setting NOFRAME and resizing the window to the size returned by al_get_monitor_info(). We can add al_bring_to_front(ALLEGRO_DISPLAY*) if neccessary.

Resizes by the user (when resizing a resizable window) on the other hand need the flag since we cannot touch the back-buffer while another thread may still be drawing to it.

OK then. I guess :/

--
Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net