Re: [AD] 4.9 docs

On 2009-09-18, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu September 17 2009, Peter Wang wrote:
> >
> > My guess is that in preprocess_page.awk, the initial block to load the
> > prototypes into the array isn't working correctly.  Can you try putting
> > some print commands there to check?
>
> I don't speak awk, I took a look, but I'm not sure whats going on, or where I
> should place the prints.

Here's the annotated version:

    # Before executing the rest of the script, do this:
    BEGIN {
	# Assign the value of environment variable `PROTOS' to a variable.
	PROTOS = ENVIRON["PROTOS"]

	# Read the next line from the protos file into a variable.
	# Until the end-of-file:
	while ((getline line < PROTOS) > 0) {
	    # Split the line into words, treating the string colon-space
	    # as a separator.
	    split(line, arr, /: /)

	    # Name the array elements.
	    name = arr[1]
	    text = arr[2]

	    # Append the new text to whatever text already is in the
	    # array for the given entry.
	    protos[name] = protos[name] "\n    " text
	}

	# Close the file.
	close(PROTOS)
    }

> > Also, which version of awk are you using?
>
> apt-show-versions says: mawk/stable uptodate 1.3.3-11.1
>
> mawk itself doesn't seem to have a way to ask it to show its version.

I've tested with the same version.

Peter