Re: [AD] Slowness of sub-bitmaps

On 7 Jul 2009, at 10:47 , Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
If they are that slow, then I'd have to say yes. But a sub bitmap shouldn't be more than a regular bitmap.. Are we talking display bitmap or memory bitmap (some cards have shit slow glDrawPixels, so drawing memory bitmaps is also shit slow). But as a display subbitmap _should_ only use different texcoords,
it should be as fast as a regular display bitmap :o

That's why I don't get it. They're video bitmaps.
Looking at the code there is nothing that jumps out at me and says that things should be slower for subbitmaps.

Evert