Re: [AD] Slowness of sub-bitmaps

On 7 Jul 2009, at 10:55 , Elias Pschernig wrote:
On Tue, 2009-07-07 at 10:04 -0400, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
I noticed the other day that sub bitmaps (in current SVN) are so
horribly slow (at least on my MacBook) that they are unusable. Is this
likely to be the same problem that people have reported for font
rendering (I'm guessing it is)?

What numbers do you get in ex_clip? Is only the sub-bitmap slow, or also
the other two?

I get ~98000 for the first, ~65000 for the second and ~60000 for the last one. The program in which I detected the problem is a graphical frontend for my chess program: the interface was extremely slow if I was drawing the full board every timer tick (1/20 of a second) if I used subbitmaps to draw the pieces on the board, but it ran at normal speed when I cloned them from the larger bitmap that holds all of them. I didn't time it as such though. I can probably try to rework that piece of code in such a way that you can test the difference, if necessary.

Evert