Re: [AD] Splitting filesystem APIs

On Sat, April 18, 2009 10:45 pm, Elias Pschernig said:
> Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
>>
>> It is becoming clear that I have less than no say in what happens to the lib
>> though. (I suppose thats fine, I've really only contributed this code, the old
>> alsa 0.9/1.x driver, and a small fix for xinerama support in a5). It has made
>> me think about evaluating how I spend my time. I'm not sure this has been
>> entirely worth it.
>>
> There really was nothing to gain from it all along - it's just an open source
> project, and a very low profile one at that. If it's not fun for you working on
> it just for, well, fun, you really shouldn't.

Just so everyone knows, the file system code isn't the only part of Allegro that
has undergone major changes. The graphics API has gone through upheaval at
least twice. I originally implemented Bob's API and then had to redo it
completely. Same thing happened at least one time again. So don't be discouraged
by changing APIs. It will just make Allegro a better library.

Trent :{)>