Re: [AD] Naming conventions for OS specific functions

El 28/02/2009, a las 21:36, Colin Ward escribió:

Hi all.

I've added a function to the Amiga specific version of Allegro so that
clients can query the version of the .so it resides in.  When I say
"version" I mean the Amiga version. My friend ports games and he finds problems (as it is a new port) so I fix them. So we want to put checks in
at the start of ported games to make sure a new enough version of the
library is available. ie. Game X doesn't work with version 1.0 of the Amiga liballegro.so but it does work with version 1.1, so we want to put a check in to make sure that the user has a new enough version. The function
I added for this is:

unsigned int al_get_sobj_version();

I would take a look at how MAK_VERSION() works, as it seems to exist for similar purposes:

http://alleg.sourceforge.net/stabledocs/en/alleg000.html#MAKE_VERSION