Re: [AD] scons build

On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 14:49 +0100, Matěj Týč wrote:
> > I don't see the connection... autotools is a completely separate build
> > system from scons. And we would have even less maintainers for it than
> > for the scons build.
>
> If I have understood correctly (maybe not), you are going to abandon
> scons build system.
> If this is the case, then having one build system mainly for Windows
> and another for
> bash-enabled systems does make sense, doesn't it?

We already have cmake for both. All the devs update it whenever there is
need, so it always is up-to-date. It's also very easy right now to
integrate a new addon into the build (have a short cmake file inside and
drop the whole addon into the addons folder).

With scons or autotools, there always needs to be maintainers around who
copy over all changes made to the cmake build. And addon authors have to
provide scons and autotools scripts in addition to the cmake file for
their addons to build.

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>