Re: [AD] ex_multisample

On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 18:40 +0100, Milan Mimica wrote:
> Elias Pschernig wrote:
> >
> > Anyway, I guess we should copy the visual selection of AllegroGL. The
> > problem is that it is very complex, using a scoring system I never
> > understood - but without it, the require/suggested doesn't make sense of
> > course, right now you can only require multisample, not suggest it.
> > Adding it to the TODO on the wiki and filing a feature request on SF for
> > now.
>
> Once I was working on it in WGL but got frustrated because I could not do it
> properly, so I've deleted all the code I made :P Wasted a day.
>
> I'm also afraid that AllegroGL way is the only way. Need to list all the
> visuals, using either XGetVisualInfo() or glXGetFBConfigs() on X11, or
> DescribePixelFormat() or GetPixelFormatAttribivARB() on Windows, decode the
> visual into driver independent format (WGL driver does everything mentioned so
> far), and let scorer give score to each visual. I can do this for Windows.

I see, I'll look at the WGL code and try to make the GLX driver convert
into the same format. Also, will glXGetFBConfigs have any advantage over
XGetVisualInfo? Since GLX 1.2 seems still in use for some reason, maybe
it makes sense to only use that, if they are equivalent anyway.

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>