Re: [AD] undefined symbol: _blender_trans24

2009/2/8 Guillermo Martínez Jiménez <gmjimen@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hello.
>
> Since I had success using Allegro with Free Pascal on Windows system,
> I was doing some test with Allegro on Linux and Free Pascal. I had
> success doing it "by hand", loading the library and getting the
> function address, but when I try to do it "automatically" it links but
> running the program it returns:
>
> #~/test: ./test
> ./test: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/lib/liballeg.so.4.2: undefined
> symbol: _blender_trans24
> #~/test:
>
> The test program is the simplest you can imagine and it doesn't uses blender.
>
> I can load the library and each function and variable address by hand
> but why should I? Isn't "_blender_trans24" inside liballeg.so file?
> Why doesn't it find that function?

Actually, it's in the liballeg_unshareable.a file.  You'll have to find some
way to work around it, e.g. link your bindings with liballeg_unshareable.a and
make sure when you dlopen() it can resolve those symbols.  Maybe some other
bindings will present a solution.

Yes, it's a pain.  It might be fixed in 4.3.10+ but I haven't checked.

Peter