Re: [AD] fshook changes

On 10-Jan-09, at 6:03 PM, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
Huh, that was in my original list, oops. Yes I plan on having a memfile api,
and a physfs hook driver.

Ok. My advice would be to do the mem-file one first and leave a zip reader and physfs (whatever that is, never heard of it) reader for later. May not matter too much, there's no way we're going to make an April 1st release at this stage.

What I _really_ want to do here is have allegro convert whatever it gets from the OS into the "current" allegro format. Yes, it might break path names, but
then just set the allegro format to what you need (UTF8 aught to cover
everything for the foreseeable future).

Makes sense to me (but we should allow the user to query what the current system encoding is). Not that I've ever had cause to care about this one way or the other, never having had a need for anything beyond plain ASCII. I may not be the best person to ask.

Now, imo, a more "proper" solution would be to provide our own ALLEGRO_STRING type, and store the encoding and a nice vtable with it. But I'll bet most
people aren't too interested in that.

I'm not. I hate libraries that insist on using their own datatypes in place of standard C datatypes.

Anyway, could you add your TODO list to the wiki TODO page?

Evert