Re: [AD] fshook changes

On 2009-01-10, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Over the past few months I've gotten some feedback which is good, not as much
> as I was hoping for, which is bad :(
>
> But anyhow I have a growing TODO list for the file system code that I'd like to
> share, and see if theres anything I'm forgetting.
>
> In no particular order:
> - fix up rest of documentation, and resolve XXX comments
> - change some functions to return bool, and fill in errno as necessary
> - implement missing functions: al_find*, abs/rel/cannon conversions
> - rename al_fs_[im](get|put)wl to al_readbitnum[lb]
>   - al_fs_igetw -> al_read16l
> - AL_ -> ALLEGRO_
> - al_fs_readdir: have it fill in a ALLEGRO_ENTRY struct
> - convert remaining parts of allegro to fshooks
>   - config.c, icodec, acodec (some is done already)
> - bulk rename of api to a more a5 consistent scheme:
>   - al_fs_create_handle -> al_create_entry
>   - al_fs_entry_name -> al_get_entry_name
>   - al_fs_exists -> al_exists
> - add a al_set_appname function (to be used in al_get_path, and possibly other
> places)
>
> The bulk rename is currently at the bottom of my list, I figure it can wait
> till the rest is done.
>
> So if anyone has any comments or suggestions, PLEASE pass them along.

- Implement a memory block reader/writer and one other reader/writer
  (e.g. gzip, zip, whatever).  Do it in addon space so we know that
  it can be done without access to Allegro internals.

- (This is more path related).  Figure out what to do with character
  encoding of paths and fix it accordingly.

Peter