Re: [AD] 4.9 misc breakages..

On January 9, 2009, Peter Wang wrote:
> On 2009-01-09, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I should also mention, Its faster, and creates more versions of the
> > archives. And does them all in one step.
> >
> > It has built in documentation, and the shell scripts are just plain evil.
> > IF my script builds perfect release archives I wouldn't be scared to make
> > releases. As it is, all the many steps required right now makes it so I
> > won't do any releases, too many steps. If you recall, I actually
> > volunteered a while back to start doing some releases.... Now you know
> > why I haven't.
>
> For your interest, I use the following script to make 4.9 releases.
> Pretty much everything that can be automated, is automated, and is
> done by the existing scripts.
>
> Peter
>
> #!/bin/zsh
> # vim: ft=zsh et
> set -e
>
> ver=(4 9 7)
> dotted_ver="$ver"
> dotted_ver=${dotted_ver// /.}
>
> export LC_ALL=en_US
>
> rm -rf allegro
> svn export file://$HOME/ahack/SF_REPO_BACKUP/alleg/allegro/branches/4.9
> allegro ( cd allegro
>     ./misc/fixver.sh ${=ver} WIP
>     ./misc/zipup.sh allegro-$dotted_ver.zip
>     mv .dist/*(.) ..
> )
> rm -rf allegro
> unzip allegro-$dotted_ver.zip
> ./allegro/misc/mkunixdists.sh allegro-$dotted_ver.zip

Yeah. I'm not a fan of shell scripts. I can't normally do all I want to do
with it without calling into umpteen different programs and spawning subshells
just to work around shells I don't use :o

I prefer to use something that will "just work". There aren't 20 different
perls. Theres one ;) makes it a lot easier to maintain (for me).

My script will also support both 4.3/4 and 4.9+.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx