Re: [AD] fshook changes

On January 10, 2009, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> Over the past few months I've gotten some feedback which is good, not as
> much as I was hoping for, which is bad :(
>
> But anyhow I have a growing TODO list for the file system code that I'd
> like to share, and see if theres anything I'm forgetting.
>
> In no particular order:
> - fix up rest of documentation, and resolve XXX comments
> - change some functions to return bool, and fill in errno as necessary
> - implement missing functions: al_find*, abs/rel/cannon conversions
> - rename al_fs_[im](get|put)wl to al_readbitnum[lb]
>   - al_fs_igetw -> al_read16l
> - AL_ -> ALLEGRO_
> - al_fs_readdir: have it fill in a ALLEGRO_ENTRY struct
> - convert remaining parts of allegro to fshooks
>   - config.c, icodec, acodec (some is done already)
> - bulk rename of api to a more a5 consistent scheme:
>   - al_fs_create_handle -> al_create_entry
>   - al_fs_entry_name -> al_get_entry_name
>   - al_fs_exists -> al_exists
> - add a al_set_appname function (to be used in al_get_path, and possibly
> other places)
>
> The bulk rename is currently at the bottom of my list, I figure it can wait
> till the rest is done.
>
> So if anyone has any comments or suggestions, PLEASE pass them along.

With my last few commits I've converted the final few pieces of allegro to use
fshooks. icodec, acodec, and config.c all use it now.

If someone were to write an addon for PhysicsFS right now, allegro 4.9 apps
can directly open files stored in which ever archive format they choose to use
(that PhysicsFS also supports, like zip).

A few more days, and I might have my entire todo list completed \o/

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx