[AD] Thread safety of display code

Couldn't come up with a neat compact subject line, sorry.
I checked whether I should put the code that manipulates the list of bitmaps associated with a display in the OS X implementation of al_destroy_display() between mutices (mutexes?), but noticed that none of the other code that manipulate these seems to do that. The question is: should it? Or do we just tell people not to try to manipulate the same display from multiple threads? Even if we do that, Allegro may do it if another display is destroyed and its bitmaps are transferred to the display the user is manipulating.

Evert