Re: [AD] another web site proposal

2008/11/9 Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Saturday 08 November 2008, Peter Wang wrote:
>>
>> I've already had to hack in support for setting page titles.
>
> Can't we place them in the files themselves with some sort of markup? It
> already has markup in them for formatting, why not add a way to set the title
> in the files instead of in some separate file?

Well, you'd put

    % Title

at the start of a file.  But we prepend boilerplate, like the sidebar, before
the actual document so that "% Title" wouldn't be at the start of the file any
more.  You'd have to extract it out.

The other problem is if you actually have "% Title" at the top of the file,
Pandoc writes "<h1>Title</h1>" in the HTML output.  I don't know if there's a
way to switch that off.

Peter