[AD] [ alleg-Bugs-2219580 ] al_inhibit_screensaver

Bugs item #2219580, was opened at 2008-11-04 09:48
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by tjaden
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=105665&aid=2219580&group_id=5665

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: 4.9

Initial Comment:
implement for X11, OSX

On X11 use xdg-screensaver.

Comment By: Steven Wallace (stevenvi)
Date: 2008-11-04 15:11

Message:
I don't know if xdg-screensaver will work out of the box for X11.  When
running this script, it takes the window id as a parameter when suspending
the screen saver.  It is supposed to watch this window, and when the window
closes, resume the screen saver's function.  With my current Linux
installation, this is not the case.  It keeps the screen saver disabled
long after closing the program.

I have been playing with it for a while, but cannot get it to resume the
screen saver.  When (if?) someone can figure this out, here is a patch:

http://pastebin.bafserv.com/2762

(Sorry, I wasn't sure how to attach the patch to this comment.)