[AD] another web site proposal

This is a silly web site proposal based on being as simple as possible.

The content of each page is stored in either a single file or a
directory.  A single file page like `introduction.html` is generated by
concatenating these files together:

    en/inc.a.*
    en/introduction
    en/inc.z.*

A page made from a directory, like the news page, is generated by
concatenating these files together:

    en/inc.a.*
    en/news/*
    en/inc.z.*

Filenames are sorted, except that sequences of files with dates in them
are *reverse* sorted, e.g.

    en/news/a.header
    en/news/news.2008-11-02
    en/news/news.2008-10-01
    en/news/news.2008-09-10
    en/news/z.footer

To create a news item, just add a new file in `en/news`.  Old news items
can just be moved to `en/oldnews`.

The concatenated results are run through Pandoc, so any content can be
written with Markdown syntax, but you can also insert any HTML you need.

Translations would work by overriding files in the `en` directory.
e.g. take `es/foo` if it exists, otherwise fall back to `en/foo`.
I think each language would live in its own subdirectory so that
relative links don't need rewriting, e.g. linking to `news.html` takes
you to the news page for the current language rather than English.
Common data between languages could be shared using symlinks.

That's it!  Could everyone live with that?  Is there anything else we
need?  RSS support?

Peter

P.S. I've attached an example.  It's not styled properly.  I wrote the
script in zsh but it obviously could be rewritten in any language easily.
Translations aren't handled.