Re: [AD] END_OF_MAIN removal patch for msvc

On 17 Nov 2008, at 03:24, Peter Hull wrote:
That's right. We discussed earlier, and Peter W produced some code, to
return back from al_init  to the user's main on a different thread. It
used ucontext which is implemented on 10.5 but not on earlier
versions. So could do it but we'd have to implement a little bit of
the ucontext functionality.

Aha! So we could get rid of it on Leopard but not on Tiger? That's a bit useless if you're trying to compile a program that works on both (and we should not drop support for Tiger)... was it tested? I could (when I find the time) test it on my MacBook.

For cross platform purposes, the use of END_OF_MAIN needs to be all or
nothing - unless we can eliminate it from all platforms it has to stay
(even if it's a no-op)

Oh, no argument about that! Our goal should be to have it no-op on all platforms though. ;)