Re: [AD] Disable screensaver

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 1:21 AM, Peter Wang <novalazy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The screen blanking built into the X server that you control with the
> "xset" utility.
>
> Note: apparently the KDE screensaver respects XResetScreenSaver() just
> fine as of 3.5.9.  Good on them!

In that case, I'd say we just use it and forget about Gnome's
screensaver - it's up to gnome devs to fix it. I looked at
bugs.gnome.org and apparently they know about the problem for years -
the only way to talk to the Gnome screensaver is over DBus. And the
right (and simple) solution would be for gnome-screensaver to check
X11's idle time (reset by XResetScreenSaver) and not ignore it as it
does right now.