Re: [AD] fs-hook on OS X

On Sunday 28 September 2008, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> On 28 Sep 2008, at 21:02, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> > AL_PATH parses the path into the drive, path, and filename portion.
> > its not a
> > strict list of path items.
>
> Semantics, I say. As I said, if the last thing in the path that I
> pass in happens to be the name of a directory, I expect it to return
> that as the filename and the rest as the directory path. dirname/
> basename work the same way, except that they will disregard any
> trailing slash. I think your implementation is better in this regard.

I just think its better to pass in all paths from allegro with an appended /
so it knows what are dirs. See, if you call set_filename on an AL_PATH it
clobbers the old filename portion, so if you want it as part of the path, you
have to al_path_append(path, al_path_get_filename()), which to me sounds silly
;) but whatever works for you ;)