Re: [AD] Windows Addition for Message Parsing

On 2008-10-08, Elias Pschernig <elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 09:40 -0400, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> > On 7 Oct 2008, at 23:48, Trent Gamblin wrote:
>
> > like to see if there's a platform-neutral API that can be used
> > (tricky, if we're going to pass messages from the OS back to the
> > user) before implementing something like this. Also, couldn't this be
> > implemented somehow on top of Allegro's event system (a user
> > registers a function that can filter events before they are passed
> > into the queue)?
> > Other than that I don't have any real objections.
> >

> As he needs the actual *Windows* messages - it always will be platform
> dependent. If we add something similar for OSX and X11, the user will
> have to deal with completely different messages, so guess it might as
> well be completely separate functions.

I'll just jump in here.  I don't really like platform-specific hooks
either but as long as they're clean and are useful (and this one looks
to be both) then I can't really object.  But we should consider them
second-class citizens which might be ripped out at any time, if needed,
e.g. if we change the implementation.

The patch looked okay except for some formatting and missing
documentation.

Peter