Re: [AD] Platform specific functions in A5 [was Re: Windows Addition for Message Parsing]

Evert, you are stuck in my former objective which was to detect
multiple mice as it it were the only purpose of the patch.
 The thing I am suggesting does NOTHING to do with mice at all. It's a
simple function that expands possibilities on the Windows port of
Allegro. Forget about multiple mice, that's not the issue being
discussed in the first place.

No, but it's what started the discussion and it provides a neat concrete example. See my other message where I specifically said there's two seperate questions here.

So even more platform specific code? "For Windows, use this Allegro
functionality. For other OSs we have to use an external lib." Isn't
the point
of Allegro to provide cross-platform capabilities, without the user
having to
directly use platform-specific libs?

So, want to write an universal all-in-one library that does everything?

(please make it clear whom you're replying to when quoting multiple levels of text).

I knew we could not disagree on everything!

I'm not disagreeing, just wondering if there isn't a better way in general that doesn't sacrifice platform neutrality.

Evert