Re: [AD] Patch to allow Allegro to use signed samples (4.3.10)

On Monday 27 October 2008 12:44:34 am Colin Ward wrote:
> I have a problem: Allegro uses unsigned sample data only, and the Amiga
> OS's sound system uses signed sample data only!

As nice as it would be to change to signed, the data in the SAMPLE struct must
remain unsigned. Apps will expect that, and break if it's not (the data field
can be read/written to directly by the app).

The _mix_some_samples function to get mixed data from Allegro takes
an 'issigned' parameter though, so you can specify to get signed data.