[AD] Status of A5 on OS X (ppc)

For reference, I'll post the current status of the different examples and the demo on my iBook. Pete: I would like to know which issues are due to differences between ppc and intel Macs (I suspect there's a few unfixed endianesse problems) and which are general OS X problems.

Build system:
Whenever the demo is recompiled I get

[...]
Linking CXX executable demo
install: Icon.icns: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [demo/demo] Error 71
make[1]: *** [demo/CMakeFiles/demo.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
$

This is just a result of an out-of-source build, bit it's annoying. Running make again allows me to continue because the demo isn't recompiled.

Demo game:
Much better now that I have fonts working. I assume there's supposed to be music in the titlescreen but all I hear is some horrible screaching sound. I suspect an endianesse issue somewhere. Seems to work ok otherwise, but whose idea was "press z/y to start"? Also to confirm, is the planet on the background of the titlescreen supposed to be bluish, right? I remember it being redish, but that could have been before the TGA loader bug that I fixed.

ex_acodec:
Works, through OpenAL. I get proper playback when playing a .wav file. Noise when playing a .ogg file (see demo).

ex_bitmap, ex_bitmap_target:
Work fine, as far as I can tell.

ex_blend:
Seems to work fine, but I don't understand what I'm looking at.

ex_drawpixels:
Runs at 5fps.

ex_events:
Works fine, but I have to ask: are we planning any sort of multi- mouse button emulation (eg, cmd+click = right click)? Also, when I click, the button that is highlighted is the rightmost one on the display. Is that correct? I was somehow expecting the left one to be highlighted.

ex_expose:
I never see anything special, no matter what I do. Is that ok?

ex_font:
Fine now.

ex_fs_resize:
Sets fullscreen mode fine, but fails to resize it (note that from looking at the NSView documentation I'm not even sure that this is supported on OS X without destroying the current display and making a new one).

ex_glext:
Fine.

ex_icon:
Fine now.

ex_lines:
Fine.

ex_lockbitmap:
I see a small window with a blue square in the lower left corner. The rest of the window is black. Is that right?

ex_lockscreen:
I get a small window with a black->white gradient. Is that right?

ex_membmp, ex_monitorinfo, ex_mouse, ex_mouse_cursor, ex_mouse_events, ex_multiwin:
Seems ok.

ex_noframe:
Starts and displays, but doesn't respond to any events. If I recall correctly, this was already reported, with the added remark that it may not be possible to have normal windows without a frame on OS X. Correct?

ex_opengl:
Ok.

ex_pixelformat:
I get
Display format = 11
Could not load image, bitmap format = 3
Could not load image, bitmap format = 7
in the terminal.

ex_resize:
I get a window that resizes itself so quickly that the WM doesn't have time to draw the window decorations.

ex_resize2:
I cannot resize the window.

ex_saw, ex_scale, ex_stream_file, ex_threads:
all fine.

ex_threads2:
Ouch. It seems to work, but is it really supposed to cripple my computer? I cannot interact with the window in anyway, I just get the "spinning" cursor and need to exit the example with ^c in the terminal.

ex_timedwait, ex_timer, ex_ttf:
All work.

ex_windows:
Ok, but the mouse cursor vanishes whenn it hits the second window. Probably related to the other mouse-issues when dealing with multiple windows.

ex_winfull:
Fine

Evert