Re: [AD] OSS4

On 2008-08-26, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 August 2008, Peter Wang wrote:
> > What's the situation with the licence? The top of the header file is a bit
> > scary.
> >
> > Also, I would prefer to move the file to
> > allegro5/internal/oss/soundcard.h or something.
> >
> > Peter
> >

> Yeah, that file is GPLv2, we can't use it, let alone include it without
> relicensing Allegro something GPL compatible.

I know this isn't what you meant, but to be explicit: Allegro *is* GPL
compatible.

It's not clear that simply *using* OSS4 would require binaries that link
with (that copy of) Allegro to comply with the GPL conditions.  As I
understand it, the Allegro library wouldn't be linked to any GPL
libraries, only making syscalls.

Peter