Re: [AD] OSS4

On 2008-08-26, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 August 2008, Peter Wang wrote:

> > > Yeah, that file is GPLv2, we can't use it, let alone include it without
> > > relicensing Allegro something GPL compatible.
> >
> > I know this isn't what you meant, but to be explicit: Allegro *is* GPL
> > compatible.
>
> I'm not so sure it is. BSD isn't.

Wrong. See http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#SoftwareLicenses

    Modified BSD license

    This is the original BSD license, modified by removal of the
    advertising clause. It is a simple, permissive non-copyleft free
    software license, compatible with the GNU GPL.

> You have to have the same sorts of
> restrictions in order to be GPL compatible.

False.  Look at all the licences on the list above which are compatible.

> We have none, its basically the
> DWTFYW license.

DWTFYW, including combining with GPL-licensed code.

Peter