Re: [AD] Question about versions (aside)

We did (and do) intend to have a compatibility layer so that programs
written for 4.2 could be compiled with 5.0, with minor changes.
Currently that layer doesn't exist, and since this is being done by
hobbyists, it might never exist.

I can help out with that a bit after I've moved continents (so after the next week or so). It'll help me to re-familiarise myself with the new Allegro as well as get back into doing Allegro-related stuff. :)

Evert