Re: [AD] Question about versions

On 23 Aug 2008, at 11:47, Colin Ward wrote:
Right. Do you know if there are any games that take advantage of AllegroGL?

There are, yes.
I can't point to any particular ones at the moment, but I know there are.

Ok.  But I assume they are source compatible?

4.2 and 4.3/4.4, yes.

Ok, I think I understand. 4.3 was the logical follow on from 4.2, but then it spawned two branches, one of which remained in the old API style and one
of which morphed into 4.9/5.0?

Almost but not really.
We started working on the new API in something that was called 4.3.0, then decided that a 4.4 version with addons would be good and that 4.9.0 would have been better with hindsight.

My plan is to release Allegro based on either 4.2 or 4.3 (probably 4.2) and then as a side project I'll hack on the Amiga version of 4.9/5.0 so it's
ready whenever you guys finish the Linux/Mac/Windows versions.  The
questions above are to ensure that the version I release (4.2 or 4.3) is
the right choice.  I don't want to have to come back to it if possible

Is there any particular reason you're not contributing your port for inclusion in the main distribution?

Evert